Monday, July 15, 2013

And I'm Back!

Hello again lovelies --

Sorry to have been so absent for the last... month. Wow, it's been that long? Time flies. I've been pretty busy with work and school, and really I've had nothing to say.

But I'm back! Hopefully  no more disappearing acts because I know how all 2 of my readers would die without this blog. :)

Enough of that, on to more important matters. Firstly, I've started a 30 day squat challenge that involves challenging yourself to work up to doing 200 squats a day.

200 squats. In one day. And no, if you're like my dear boyfriend Michael and wondering if you can spread those out to 15/hour -- you can't. 200 in one sitting. That's a lot of squats. Today was day 1; I did 30 squats and thought my legs were going to fall off.

Oh this will be fun.

If anyone is interested in the plan, click here.

Other important news: I have a delicious recipe for you! Mango salad! This was inspired by something I had at my work's cafeteria, which was also called.. Mango salad... No one said I was gifted at naming recipes, don't judge!

The thing I love about this dish is that it's so versatile (and delicious, of course). You can eat it on its own, on top of cottage cheese, on top of chicken, with spinach and cottage cheese, with spinach and chicken.. versatility, I love it.

Mango Salad

[makes about 6 cups]

2.5 mangoes, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 heaping cup black beans, cooked or soaked
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice

Mix it all up and let it set in the fridge for several hours or overnight. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment