Friday, August 9, 2013

An Update On Me

Hey everyone!  Sorry I kind of lost touch with this blog.  I'm back and I'm here to give you an update.  When Lindsey and I first started this blog, I was sitting at 300 pounds, and my goal was to lose weight and be a fitter, healthier me.  That's still my goal, and it's going to continue being my goal, probably for the rest of my life.  But today, I have some good news.  Some really good news in fact.  In the last few months I have managed to drop my weight to 266 pounds (268 on my official weigh in last Sunday)!

I owe a large part of all the success I've had to My Fitness Pal.  More and more I'm starting to believe it really is all about the calories.  Sure, you should have certain nutrients in your diet, but really if you're watching your calories, a lot of that other stuff seems to fall into place.  The best part about focusing on the calories rather than on the multitude of nutrients that I may or may not need is that I have flexibility.  I can eat whatever I want, as long as I'm willing to give something up in order to eat something that's less calorie friendly.

As of late, I've been eating a lot of salads.  I've been doing that for about two weeks now, and I feel it has really sped up my progress.  Now, mind you, these aren't Lindsey's pretty little salads that have a serving size of my 2 tablespoons.  These are man salads.  That's right, man salads.  I start with a head of romaine lettuce.  I don't really know if they're called heads since they're not round.  Maybe they're called a tube of romaine lettuce.  Anyways, I start with romaine lettuce and then I start adding stuff on.  Some common ingredients that I've added include hardboiled eggs, grated parmigiano cheese, tomatoes, watermelon bits, banana slices, craisins, bacon bits, rotisserie chicken, and even left over steak from the night before.  Rarely does the salad include all of that, but all of that makes an appearance once in a while depending on my mood, and on average totals to somewhere between 600 and 700 calories.

Don't take my words as some sort of health guide or anything, because I'm still nowhere near my goal weight, and I really have no idea how healthy or unhealthy that all really is.  All I know is that for my goal of losing weight, this has been working, and it has been working really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment