Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Walking the Walk

For the last week and a half or so I've been consistently walking for an hour and a half each day, and for a few of those days I also attempted jogging.  What did I find out about myself?  I am horrendously out of shape.  Okay, that's not really news to anyone.  I found out that I can only jog for about 5 minutes at a time, which made me feel pathetic.  Really really really pathetic.

For the last few days I've been slowly trying to up my jogging as long as I can, then walking, then jogging again once I feel up to it.  Yesterday I jogged for 5 minutes, walked for 5, then jogged another 5, and by then I was winded.  I tried one more set of 5 minutes of jogging and only lasted about 2 minutes, for a grand total of 12 minutes of jogging.  I felt even more pathetic.

More bad news: Sunday was my official weekly weigh in, and I was at 290 pounds.  I had actually gained 1.5 pounds.  I was both angry and depressed.  I had been eating within my limits and exercising every day, and yet somehow I managed to actually gain weight.  What gives?!?  Linz told me it might just be water weight that I gained because of my high sodium diet and not drinking enough water.  More water weight because I wasn't drinking water?  Yea, someone will have to explain that one to me again.  However, I've started drinking more water.  MyFitnessPal recommends at least 8 cups of water a day, but I've been averaging about 12-16 cups a day.

I really feel like this past week has been a bit of a road block in my journey to a healthier me, but I'm determined to keep walking the walk.  Today I'll be adding some more exercises to my routine of walking and pathetic jogging, so stay tuned!

Oh, and since Linz always puts up awesome pictures when she posts, here is a picture of me with Fat Dragon.


No comments:

Post a Comment