Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mung Beans?

Are mung beans a super food?  Now that I'm watching what I eat, I have to actually check out the nutrition data on what I eat, and today I ate mungo, a Filipino dish for which the primary ingredient is mung beans.  One cup of mung beans has two grams of fat, one hundred and thirty grams of carbohydrates, 49 grams of protein, and 34 grams of fiber.  I had to recheck the values several times because they simply did not make sense.

Of course, as I was typing this, I mentioned it to Lindsey, and she replied that beans in general are that way. I checked, and found that black beans have similar nutrition data.  Maybe mung beans aren't so special after all.  So much for my great discovery!  In any case, I'll leave you with this:

Bean beans the wonderful fruit.  The more you eat, the more you toot.  The more you toot, the happier you are.  So beans beans for everyone!

In case you were wondering, below is a picture of mungo:


No comments:

Post a Comment