Monday, April 15, 2013

Starting Point!

If this weight loss plan is going to work, I have to be honest with myself.  There are many reasons why I've failed to lose weight and keep it off in the past, including cheating and just not sticking to the plan.  A few years ago I tried Weight Watchers on my own, not part of the group thing, and it actually worked for me.  I did manage to lose about 30 pounds, before I started cheating, and then outright stopped doing it.  So today I've decided to try again, for good this time.  The first step is to be honest about where I'm starting.  So here's me:

Michael
26 years old
6'2" tall
305 pounds (I thought I was 295 but somehow I gained 10 pounds in 3 days?!)

My goal is to make it down to 200 pounds, and to do that, I'm going to:

1.  Stick to Weight Watchers
2.  Drink at least 3 cups of water every time I eat
3.  Exercise daily (My lovely girlfriend Lindsey suggested the Circuit Trainer App on Android.)

I've got a long road ahead of me, and this is my starting point!


1 comment:

  1. Best of luck. I peaked out at about 290 myself several years back, although the way I got most of the way down... not recommended (nervous breakdown, lol). Once you get into a meal plan that works for you, the big things are to stick with it and steadily up the activity level. My personal bit of advice on the latter is to mix up your workouts - don't stick with doing any one thing for very many sessions in a row. Boredom kills more conditioning plans than anything (including more than a few of my own), so anything that will make you more inclined to get up and moving the better.

    ReplyDelete