Friday, April 26, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

As per our bet, Lindsey will continue to eat cheese that’s not really cheese and other weird stuff while I shall feast on delicious yummies.  Tonight’s course: duck!  Now I’ll be the first to admit, I have no idea what sauce they cooked this duck in, but it is sweet with just a slightly tangy flavor to it, and it is awesome.  So suck on that Linz!  Well, actually, suck on some imitation cheese.



This week I’ve started a new/old tradition.  I’ve started playing tennis again, with plans on playing at least four times a week.  I first started playing tennis back in high school, and I’ve been playing on and off ever since.  It’s only fitting that now that I’m trying to be health conscious, I should pick it up again.  Tennis makes for a great work out because it boasts a full body work out, taking everything from your legs to your arms, to your core and back through a full range of movements.  If you play at a fast pace, it makes for a great cardio work out too.

What I like most about tennis as a workout, though, is that it’s not boring.  Some people find it easy to hop on a treadmill and just run, or spend time in a gym working out, but I’ve never really been able to get into that because it’s boring.  Treadmills have almost made me feel like a hamster on a wheel, and despite having one in my room right now, I simply never use it.  Tennis, however, is fun.  Rather than repetitive action tennis has decision making and strategy, skill, and competition, which just gives me so much more motivation to get out there.

I guess my message tonight is that whatever exercise you choose to engage in, make it something you enjoy, because that just makes it a lot easier to stick to.

Oh, one last thing!  If you are into tennis and anime, I highly recommend Prince of Tennis.  It is an anime about a tennis prodigy that parodies the typical anime genre with flashy shots and intense dramatizations around tennis.  Prince of Tennis is the reason I started playing tennis in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment